Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Here Comes the Overture

To whom it may concern:

This is my foray into the realm of blogging. I know. I'm really getting into this trend on the ground floor, huh? Yeah, well, I've never been a fan of blogging and similar exercises in vanity.

So, then...

Why am I doing this? I've begun to realize blogs do have utility for someone like me. I think I'm doing this to improve my communication [interpersonal rapport] with friends, family, and the world[?]. I'm doing it to let people know I do things and I am interested in stuff [and I'm still alive].

Will it work? I don't know. Hopefully, I will be coming at you with music and fun. And if you're not careful, you might learn something before it's done.

Why "here comes the coda"? I don't know that either. A musician will tell you that a coda is the last passage of a musical movement or composition. The dictionary will tell you it's also the conclusion or closing part of a statement. While I could try to spin up a metaphor to tie the blog title to some deeper meaning [The end is near!], I'll just be honest: "here comes the coda" is a line from a song I like, and it's sung just before the song's coda. Brilliant!

If I can actually stay committed to this blog, I'll be interested to see what direction it takes. I do not intend on using this forum as a personal journal. I would even get bored reading about my life. But I think I [as well as others] might learn something about me through my commentary on the "things and stuff" that I find interesting. For now, I plan to focus on fun stuff and good times. Coming attractions include: new music [some good ol' indie rock and even some METAL!], homebrew, and SXSW. Buckle up, kids.

So, without further ado . . . here comes the coda.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, February 21, 2006, Blogger -tommy said...

Feel free to comment.

 
At 2:02 PM, April 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

We congrats U for Ur great work...... We know Ur intentions are truthful, but this is also the first web blog We keep reading and also comment...... We hardly have time since We work all day long:)

Regards,
make money fast

 

Post a Comment

<< Home