Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday Lunchtime Listening

Robert Pollard - From a Compound Eye. I picked this up a few weeks ago. The initial taste was bitter; but a few days of chewing revealed its sweet candy core. I may comment further on this album, here, if I have time.

The Sword - 3 track demo from their Myspace page. The Sword is a new-to-me metal band of the doom variety who hail from Austin. While they certainly aren't breaking any new ground, the riffs are still earthshaking. I'm currently digging "Barael's Blade" which has that heavy metal triplet swing for which I'm a sucker. FYI- Barael is the "bane of the demon lord/slayer of the spider-priests/spiller of the silver blood" and he wields a badass sword. But the song is still cool, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home