Thursday, August 10, 2006

November Foxtrot Lima

This evening, I turned on the tube for some primetime opioids only to be blindsided by . . . Colts vs. Rams!

It's August 10th! I'm not ready for some football!

Or, am I?

I do love me some football--any kind of football but soccer [futbol] and Canadian football. I did enjoy the 10 minutes or so that I watched this evening. But pre-season NFL sucks, so I quickly turned my attention to other things. I don't want to spoil my appetite.

As much as I like the sport, I don't really keep up with the off-season or off-the-field wheelin' and dealin'. I just learned that Indy dropped Mike Vanderjagt and picked up Adam Vinatieri, the best clutch kicker in the game. But who cares? Apparently the Colts lost Edgerrin James to Arizona, where he's joined Matt Leinart and Larry Fitzgerald to become the Dennis Green Preservation Society.

And I'm reminded, Monday Night Football has moved to ESPN. I don't have cable. So that means I, your rowdy friend, will watch some PBS on Monday night. BUT . . . Madden and Michaels will be on Sunday Night Football [on NBC, no less], which I know is just going to throw my shit out of whack for about a month.

I have a bad feeling SNF isn't going to work out so well for me or for NBC.
















"Boom! That's gotta hurt."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home