Wednesday, March 14, 2007

No SXSW for the working.

The SXSW music "conference" began, today. Unfortunately for me, I probably won't be able to check out any of the free shit this year. In fact, it's very likely that I will be working through the weekend.

Meanwhile, my wife (who does not have to go to work, tomorrow) has gone with a friend to see Les Savy Fav, tonight, at the Frenchkiss/Monitor Records showcase. Honestly: there is no jealousy here.

The worst part about the whole thing is that I work so close to all of the action. I could hear the music loud and clear when I left work this evening. But that's just how it's gonna be; how it's been for the last 5 years: I only get to take time off during SXSW every other year. The Texas Legislature doesn't give a damn if it's Spring Break or SXSW time!

There are 75 days left in the legislative session.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, March 15, 2007, Blogger Billy said...

Bummer, I came to the Coda looking for some show reviews! I thought you would definitely be at Les Savy Fav...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home