Thursday, March 02, 2006

CY 2006 New Music Inventory

Here are the calendar year 2006 new music releases I've picked up so far:

Cat Power - The Greatest [I like it so much more than I expected. Can a (former) non-Cat Power-fan get away with calling it her best album?]

Robert Pollard - From a Compound Eye [Hell yes!]

The Plastic Constellations - Crusades [Really pretty OK anthemic guitar core on the French Kiss label]

Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit [Ranges from good to very good but still, somehow, not wholly satisfying]

The Minus 5 - s/t aka The Gun Album [: Skip it. Hardly worth commenting, so I'll stop here. Traded it in for The Life Pursuit]

I've got a lot to say about the Pollard, Cat Power, and Belle and Sebastian; and if it stays stuck in my craw long enough, I may regurgitate it here.

And last but not least . . . CY 2005 releases to be re-released on vinyl in 2006:

Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs ["Without question, one of the best of 2005," I declare in the direction of Pitchforkmedia.com with a wagging shame-on-you-finger on my right hand and extended middle-finger on my left]

The Deadly Snakes - Porcella -or- A Bird in the Hand is Worthless [Re-issue of 2005's Porcella, re-sequenced, +7 additional tracks in a vinyl-only release. Another overlooked album from last year.]

In honor of the Snakes' vinyl release, this week, here is the song "Gore Veil" for your listening pleasure. With it's 60's pop feel [flute-like melotron, trio of jangly acoustic guitars, and chorus of ba ba-da ba's] mixed with it's "gorey" lyrics, "Gore Veil" could have been the song Neil Diamond wrote after he killed a drifter to get an erection.

5 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, February 02, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

 
At 11:37 PM, February 07, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I about the list inform should have more info then it has.

 
At 8:22 AM, February 20, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

 
At 7:03 AM, February 21, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have tested it and writing form your personal experience or you find some information online?

 
At 1:50 AM, March 11, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good afternoon

We do not agree with this year BRIT awards decision.

Please go to see our little web survey

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than Madonna

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/angebot/operationsergebnis/index.html]vorschau schönheitsoperationen[/url]

BRITs.co.uk - tickets left standing!! This Competition is now closed
OK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home