Tuesday, March 14, 2006

South by Spring Break

Kim and I are taking the rest of this week off from work to check out some of the free and maybe not free parties and shows going on during SXSW. It feels like forever since I've done this. Last year, I think Kim and I made it to one day show on a Saturday; but I haven't taken off time from work to really experience SXSW since 2004. I've gotten married and a lot older and grumpier since then, so it should be interesting to see how we respond to the throngs of hipsters and hypesters.

I will have my camera, so maybe I'll post pics and snarky comments about the whole thing if I'm not totally beat down from the experience.

So far, not much on Wednesday is pinging my radar. A few decent local bands [Zykos, Sound Team, What Made Milwaukee Famous] will be playing along with The Ponys at Emo's during the day. We may also check out the new ex-Slobberbone band, The Drams, at Club DeVille, although it may require an invite. If so, we may check out Calla at the Red Eyed Fly or stick around at Emo's for I Love You but I've Chosen a Pretentious Band Name.

After that, we're probably going to want to go home, take some aspirin, and soak our feet.

Here goes nothin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home