Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Romo arrigato!

I've been reminded that it's been over a month since my last post. Work has been really busy over the last couple of months. During that time, I've almost missed Dallas Cowboys Episode IV: A New Hope. The last time I wrote in about the Cowboys, I announced my month-long boycott after the 'boys blew a huge opportunity against the Eagles. I'll fess up now and say that I broke the boycott as soon as Parcells benched Bledsoe and started Tony Romo in the Sunday Night Football game versus the Carolina Panthers. While that victory was sweet, I wasn't quite convinced that Romo was the panacea. The Panthers receivers developed an awful case of the dropsies, which helped the Cowboys out a lot. Still, the young Romo showed some poise coming from back from a two touchdown deficit for the blowout victory.

I tried to watch the Redskins game on the following week, but I was at work, so it was hard to follow the game. What I did see was T.O. dropping some crucial passes and the dreadful final seconds of that game that I'd rather not relive. I missed the Arizona game [you're supposed to beat the Cardinals] and most of the Indy game [I totally called the Cowboys' victory on that one]. Then there was the Thanksgiving Day massacre of the Buccaneers. Sure, Romo had a breakout game that afternoon. But the Bucs suck.

So, last Sunday's game was the true test--a road game against the N.Y. Giants who would be really hungry for a win after a huge meltdown against the Titans [go Vince!] and a three-game losing streak. What can I say? Romo did what needed to be done [in an overall ugly game] to put his team in position for the win.

I have the cup of Romo Kool-Aid in hand. I'm about to take a drink.

But maybe not until after they beat the Saints.

How 'bout that Gramatica?

1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, December 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, we finally saw the flaw in Tony Romo: he's not a safety. What a pathetic effort on D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home